Secure Engineering Training
Upgrade your engineering team by signing them up to this three-day instructor-led, hands-on technical security course. It has been designed specifically for developers and testers, to give them the essential technical security knowledge they need to engineer, attack and thus defend their products and services.
Taking ownership of security and fixing any security defects earlier in the build process reduces remediation costs and re-architecture later down the line. We call this DevSecOps, or shift-left. The concept is simple - do security activities earlier and as part of the agile process in an iterative fashion. This leads to more secure products, fewer data breaches and a better security awareness organisation-wide.
The course covers the processes and techniques behind hacking, making the knowledge accessible and relevant for both developers and testers, to help them defend against cyber criminals. The hands-on course is heaps of fun with many exciting topics covered, challenging and also rewarding. The reward is understanding just how simple it is to hack, and equally how easy it is to defend against many of the basic attacks.
Upgrade your engineering team to help your organisation keep on top of the security landscape and reduce security defects.
- History of hacking
- Types of hacker
- Just how easy is web app hacking
- Think like an attacker
- Basic techniques including OWASP top 10
- Introduction to Kali Linux
- Attacking your own webapps and APIs using Burp Suite
- Front-end client attacks
- How to detect attacks
- How to respond to attacks
- Container (Docker and Kubernetes) security
- Security in the pipeline and build process
- DevSecOps and shift-left
- Threat modelling
- Patterns for secure coding
- Defensive applications
- Knowledge transfer from an experienced security consultant
- Lunch and refreshments are included in the cost
- Delegates receive a certificate of attendance
- Delegates also get lifetime access to the course materials which are regularly updated as well as industry news updates
- Delegates leave with heightened security awareness, reducing costs associated with remediating security defects
- A minimum of 8 and maximum of 12 delegates per course
- A suitable room with projector and wireless internet access for three full days
- Delegates to access the training lab from a VPN connection
- Tables and chairs for the delegates and trainer
- Power points for charging laptops
- Delegates to bring their own or company-issued laptops
- A Virtual Machine (VM) image will be supplied to run on the delegate’s laptops
Thanks for getting in touch.
We aim to reply within 24 hours.
Oops, there has been a problem.
We couldn't process that request. Please try again.
Why not get in touch to enquire how we can help you?